Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Renee Kurz Answers

I asked Renee to tell me a little more about her work and about the adventure she will embark on in the fall. What she wrote back was so amazing that I included it here in full.

Each piece is unique, inspired by the heart of the person I am creating for. I am driven by the process, by working with my hands, sewing each stitch with love and attention to detail. I love holding the fabric in my hands, using my intuition, and discovering what will come of it; creating something beautiful out of nothing. Much of my inspiration comes from nature; the beauty of flowers and trees and landscapes. The organic movement of nature flows through the lines of my work. My quest for beauty is rooted in a strong faith and belief in the goodness of each person.

My work can be seen next at Dance Theater Workshop on Pam Tanowitz Dance, June 18-20. I will also be selling some of my latest beautiful wrap silk dresses and other original designs at a Summer Solstice Design Market on June 21 from 2-8pm in Williamsburg. My website is being developed and will hopefully be up within the next couple months: www.reneekurz.com. I love creating custom clothing to fit any needs or desires. Please contact me at renee.kurz@gmail.com if you are interested.

This September I will be embarking on a challenging and beautiful adventure in India Heart's Home, www.heartshome.usa.org. Heart’s Home is a Catholic service organization dedicated to spreading a culture of compassion by loving the most wounded people in the world. Through 18 months of living with three other young missionaries and contributing to the wide network of Heart’s Home in Southeast India, I will be working to restore dignity and hope to the hearts of the sick and elderly, women and their families, and young children. As I continue the pursuit of infinite meaning, recognizing the beauty at the core of each person, my soul is surely to be broadened and my heart blessed by those I am called to serve. I am looking forward to submersing myself in such a rich and beautiful culture, being influenced by their fashion, textiles, and techniques.

I just love how her passion shows through in what she writes as well as everything she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment